I've had the privilege of doing two rounds of video interviews with staff and clients at the Oasis School for Human Relations in England. Oasis supports transformative learning in organizations through consulting and training. One of my favorite conversations at Oasis was with Nick Ellbery about what it takes to raise the consciousness of an organization. Here are Nick's suggestions.
What are the elements of organizations gaining more consciousness?
- Discover what you are connected to
- Find the optimum moment
- Global questions create a lever
- Face the question, "What is your purpose?"
- Allow new questions to emerge
- Deepen to new layers
- Make space for an emergent process